2020 was a deeply challenging year for our country. At KIND and The KIND Foundation, we worked hard to support one another and our communities with initiatives such as the Frontline Impact Project, which is mobilizing companies to donate resources to over a million frontline heroes including healthcare workers battling COVID and firefighters responding to our nation’s wildfires. At the same time, we have sought to keep you nourished throughout this trying time by upholding our KIND Promise to create delicious and healthy foods that lead with wholesome, nutritious ingredients.
COVID has accentuated the urgent need for us to take care of one another, regardless of our differences. Together we…
- Shared kindness with those who have not had their fair share of it with our Snack & Give Back program supporting:
- Spread kindness globally with #21DAYSKIND, our first-ever kindness initiative to span across the world, all aimed at making kindness a daily habit
- Organized dozens of companies through Frontline Impact Project to donate resources to over a million frontline workers battling COVID 19 and natural disasters
- Elevated our work to model KIND values across society by forming our DE&I Action Team whose initiatives are further fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion across KIND
- Launched our first major global sustainability initiative committed to sourcing almonds exclusively from bee-friendly farms by 2025
- Helped connect children from different backgrounds right from their homes through The KIND Foundation’s signature initiative Empatico
We extended the KIND Promise to six new product lines so that KIND can be there for you in more ways throughout your days:
- KIND Frozen bars, a plant-based, creamy frozen treat made from nutrient-dense nuts layered with dark chocolate and nut butter
- KIND Bark, a delicious treat featuring nuts with premium dark chocolate and the first of its kind to lead with a nutrient-dense first ingredient
- KIND® Nut Butter Bar, our first-ever refrigerated, smooth and creamy nut butter protein bar
- KIND Clusters, poppable bite-size clusters made with delicious almonds, peanuts or coconut as the first ingredient
- KIND Frozen Smoothie Bowls, vegan frozen bowls layered with fruit- and almond-milk smoothie, creamy almond butter, and granola
- KIND Energy bars, energy bars whose first ingredient is oats, unlike others whose first ingredients are sugars
While we are proud of our efforts, we recognize how much work we have to do. People are suffering from losing lives and livelihoods to COVID-19. Our country is deeply divided and polarized. We need to unite around the American values that have made our country so special and that we too often take for granted. It feels clear that our mission to build a kinder world is needed now more than ever, which is why the Lubetzky Family Foundation is working on a new bridge-building project we look forward to sharing with you.
At KIND, we truly strive to model values of empathy and respect for one another regardless of our differences – to listen to one another even when – and especially when – we disagree. We are not perfect, but we are earnestly trying to be ambassadors for a world in which we take care of one another and celebrate our shared humanity. I hope that you, our community, will join us in this endeavor to reach across divides with kindness.
Thank you for your support this year and always.